For much of the nineteenth century, the well-camouflaged plaque property at 327 Wilgus Avenue (then 285 East Third) was the sole dwelling in its neck of the woods. The deed records do not confirm its build date, but according to its National…

In 1866, builder and brickyard owner G. D. Wilgus purchased 11 acres of land from William McCracken, who had inherited the parcel from his brother, John, three years prior. At this time, Wilgus was in business with T. C. Luxon, with whom he sold…